How to make salad

A Sunday meetup with good friend Jerry ended after a movie and lunch, but not before we did our own individual grocery shopping at the supermarket. He was buying ingredients for his steamboat dinner at home. And me, well.... Just felt like making something to eat. Initially, I wanted to make some homemade burritos but I decided to make something that is very easy and quick to prepare - Salad. And er... no, I am not on a diet. Hehe~


My Grocery Purchase
Salad Delight 1 - 130610


Ingredients I Used:
- Salad Dressing
- Olive Oil
- Nuts (up to you)
- California Raisins
- Ham
- Bread crumbs
- Veggies


I wanted to buy two different packets of veggies (wild rockets and the common lettuce) till I saw that there were salads that are all washed up and ready to eat, packaged in a plastic bowl-like container, with its respective salad dressing and comes air-sealed. The packaging is rather convenient, say... for picnics in the park or at the beach. Agree? In the 'Sweet and Crunchy' salad mix, there's even cherry tomatoes and sliced carrots!


For those who buy veggies as it is (or in its plastic packets), do select crisp and fresh greens with no bruised or brown spots. For me, I am contented if my salad is made up of wild rocket veggies, but for variety, do use various types of veggies. Always remember to wash your veggies and dry them by wrapping them in a towel (do not press them!). Tear the veggies into bite-sized, unless your mouth is of the size of a lion, for example.


Making your own salad is easy, quick and fun. Get creative by adding whatever ingredients you feel like having! Once you finished adding them, just toss and turn like there's no tomorrow! Whooosshhhhh!!!


Ready to be consumed! :D
  • Step 2

    Use a variety of greens. Vary dark with light, and crisp with tender.

  • Step 3

    Remove broken or damaged outer leaves.

  • Step 4

    Wash and drain the greens thoroughly. Use a salad spinner to dry the greens quickly, or you can wrap the greens in a towel.

  • Step 5

    Make sure the greens are cold and dry before making your salad.

  • Step 6

    Gently tear the greens into bite-size pieces.

  • Salad Delight 2 - 130610


    For these 2 packets that I bought, it would be enough for 3-4 pax. Pardon me if the salad didn't look appetizing enough, but it sure tasted yummy! :p


    p/s: Yeap, have been busy with planning for bbb's birthday plus two upcoming trips. And I spent the afternoon completing his bday card! Something simple, but something from my heart! :D


    8 Response to How to make salad

    Anonymous
    23 July 2010 at 01:31

    Should add some mixed fruits also from coldstorage, plus Italian rocket, add a little bosamic vinegar, yummy!
    - GWM

    23 July 2010 at 02:20

    So who is GWM, that smsed me?
    The salad bowls I bought came with rockets already. I simply love rocket salad, tossed with only olive oil, balsamic vinegar and cherry tomatoes.

    Anonymous
    23 July 2010 at 08:50

    me :)
    - GWM

    24 July 2010 at 00:20

    I know its you, but who ARE you? Do I have a stalker who knows my number, for goodness sake? Not funny at all, you know?

    Anonymous
    24 July 2010 at 11:49

    Sorry, it seems like you are the one who lost my number! That mean you know me! And I'm no stalker. I know you gonna say you are not interested in this kind game of guessing who am I, thus I'll just step aside.
    - GWM

    24 July 2010 at 13:14

    Do you expect me to know whats ur real name, other than GWM?

    You sent me a sms, wishing me happy bday then. I said thanks for the msg but also mentioned that "I dont have ur number saved in my phone as I last changed my phone, so I hope you can tell me who you are". (Thats my exact words btw). And you simply replied GWM. Am I supposed to guess which friend of mine has a nickname GWM? Even if u had told me before, maybe I forgot, so you can refresh my memory, you know?

    Anonymous
    24 July 2010 at 14:49

    Ok, than wait till I come back Singapore. I'll give you my name.
    - GWM

    24 July 2010 at 15:48

    So difficult/secretive to even tell me your name? Gawd.

    Post a Comment

    Related Posts with Thumbnails
     

    Copyright © 2016 ♥Feliza Ong♥ |A Blog on Lifestyle, Beauty, Travel, Fashion and Food| All rights reserved.
    DISCLAIMER: The contents of this site expressed herein represent my own views and opinions and not of the people or organizations that I am affiliated with.
    Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul Theme By- WooThemes