Family Lunch at Paradise Dynasty, Ion Orchard.

Awhile ago (In March or April, I think... Super backlogged post mann~), my family had our Sunday lunch at Paradise Dynasty located in Ion Orchard, which is one of the Chinese restaurant brands under the Paradise Group. It was my first time dining at this place.


Paradise Dynasty at Ion Orchard 270210


One of their specialty dishes is the multi-colored dumplings,
or also known as Xiao Long Baos.
Paradise Dynasty at Ion Orchard 270210


When I knew that we were heading to Paradise Dynasty for lunch, I was very excited as I heard so much about the colorful dumplings that come in various interesting fillings (including my favorite foie gras!), that I was looking forward to try! We ordered two basket trays of it and boy, the taste was amazing~~~


Paradise Dynasty at Ion Orchard 270210


Different xiao long bao color means different fillings in it...
So let me share with you what they are:

  • Pink: Steamed Shanghai Sze Chuan Pork Dumpling: Original xiao long bao taste.
  • Yellow – Steamed Shanghai Cheesy Pork Dumpling: Strong taste of the cheese filling, iLike.
  • Green – Steamed Shanghai Ginseng Pork Dumpling: I didn't want to try this.
  • Black – Steamed Shanghai Black Truffle Pork Dumpling: Difficult to taste the black truffle, but strong pleasant aroma though!
  • Brown – Steamed Shanghai Foie Gras Pork Dumpling : A subtle hint of the goose liver. Nothing beats eating one piece of foie gras by itself. And I SHALL have foie gras soon!
  • Grey – Steamed Shanghai Garlic Pork Dumpling : Didn't try this too, as the dull color was enough to turn me off HAHA!
  • White – Steamed Shanghai Pork Dumpling : Rich pork taste in it. iLike.
  • Orange – Steamed Shanghai Crab Roe Pork Dumpling : Crab roe in pork dumpling was brilliant! iLike!

This was the one with crab roe filling.
Paradise Dynasty at Ion Orchard 270210



While waiting for the rest of the dishes to arrive, I took pics! Btw, I love the chairs!
They have such a high back which make the whole place look posh. Agree?

And I can lean my head back and it would be so well-supported! :p
Paradise Dynasty at Ion Orchard 270210


That's my Dad and Bro, while waiting for the food to arrive...
And that's me with Bbb!~ :)

Paradise Dynasty at Ion Orchard 270210


What I ordered: La Mian in Signature Pork Bone Soup with Pan Fried Chicken Chop
Paradise Dynasty at Ion Orchard 270210


I like the smoothness of the La Mian, especially felt when I 'sucked' in the noodles to eat. :p Although it was supposed to be pan-fried (means minimal oil used in cooking), the chicken was too oily for me that I didn't finish them but gave it to Bbb to eat instead. The bowl was really big, and I do like the intricate designs of it. The serving size was just nice for me (But please take note that I have a hearty appetite, so it may be too much for some of the ladies.).


Also, I learnt that their signature soup was made using ingredients like pork bone, pork ribs and whole chicken, which is simmered over slow fire for 12 hours before being served.


Paradise Dynasty at Ion Orchard 270210



Bbb and bro had the La Mian with Sliced Pork in Signature Pork Bone Soup
Paradise Dynasty at Ion Orchard 270210


La Mian with Sliced Beef (Non-spicy).
Paradise Dynasty at Ion Orchard 270210


Sis had the Shanghai Rice Flour Cake with Shredded Pork & Baby Cabbage Soup
Paradise Dynasty at Ion Orchard 270210


We also ordered some sides... Stewed Sliced Fish with Chinese Wine Sauce.
The fish slices were fresh and flavorful. The Chinese Wine sauce was suitably strong for the taste buds.
Paradise Dynasty at Ion Orchard 270210


Sautéed Spinach with Minced Garlic
Paradise Dynasty at Ion Orchard 270210


Sautéed Diced Chicken with Cashew Nuts & Dried Chilli
I recommend this if you were to dine here.
Paradise Dynasty at Ion Orchard 270210


And then it was DESSERTS TIME!



Paradise Dynasty at Ion Orchard 270210


Paradise Dynasty at Ion Orchard 270210


Paradise Dynasty at Ion Orchard 270210


So nice that I think I will even dine in Paradise Dynasty just for this!
Ok, fine... And the colorful Xiao Long Baos too. :p

Paradise Dynasty at Ion Orchard 270210


Before I left the place, I saw the chefs in the kitchen preparing the Xiao Long Baos.
Paradise Dynasty at Ion Orchard 270210


Paradise Dynasty at Ion Orchard 270210


After dinner, we shopped in Ion for awhile...



Dad and me.
Dad and me at Ion Orchard


And continued the shopping in Wisma Orchard...
Before we stopped by the TCC outlet in Wisma for a coffee session!



A lovely Sunday with my loved ones, accompanied by delicious food,
wonderful shopping and a relaxing cup of coffee! (^_^)

TCC Wisma 270210

1 Response to Family Lunch at Paradise Dynasty, Ion Orchard.

Anonymous
7 May 2011 at 09:58

It been a very long wait for this but end of the day to be able to read and see those beautiful photos of you is blessed, you always look so attractive.d3lonely

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Copyright © 2016 ♥Feliza Ong♥ |A Blog on Lifestyle, Beauty, Travel, Fashion and Food| All rights reserved.
DISCLAIMER: The contents of this site expressed herein represent my own views and opinions and not of the people or organizations that I am affiliated with.
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul Theme By- WooThemes