Food review: Ootoya (大戸屋) at Suntec City

I have walked past Ootoya (大戸屋) a couple of times when I was at Suntec City, and there was always a queue waiting to enter and dine. That always deterred me to try out Ootoya as the only time I am at the basement level of Suntec City is when I am hungry... And the hungry me do not usually wait in line to eat. So no Ootoya dining experience for me all these years. Yes, YEARS. So when I happened to walk past Ootoya again recently, I decided that it is TIME to queue for it. It was a good 30 minutes of waiting...


IMG_5659


Well anyway, for those who have not heard of Ootoya (Since 1958), it is actually a casual Japanese restaurant that focuses on home-styled Japanese dishes. Ooyota has many branches regionally, such as in Singapore, Thailand, Taiwan, etc. Their specialty is to serve teishoku (set meal), which you simply top up a few dollars for. Of which, you can get refill of rice and soup.


Upon entering, one can't help but to notice the huge U-shaped table that has chairs on one side, and tatami-mat seats on the other (refer to picture below). I sat at the end of the restaurant - Not booth seats, but simple table-chairs setup.

IMG_5664


My dining partner and I each ordered a set meal. We also chose the multi-grain rice, which I certainly RECOMMEND as it was really tasty (I had 2 bowls of it, what do you think?)! Green tea was only at $1/cup and refillable. One thing to add is that the menu actually states the amount of calories that is in each of the dishes. I felt that it was helpful information for people who are keeping watch of their calorie intake. :p

Pork with rice.

IMG_5665


Close-up of the succulent pork!

IMG_5666


The sides

IMG_5667


Deep-fried chicken with teriyaki sauce

IMG_5669
IMG_5668


The cost of a teishoku is about S$20++.  A meal for two was about S$60. And trust me, it was a filling meal, and very satisfying that it tastes as authentic as how a home-cooked Jap meal would be. I went on a Saturday evening, and I felt that the restaurant is rather under-staffed as the service was rather slow. But I don't blame the staff for the slow service, as there were only 3 staff running the whole floor. So if there is anyone to be put to blame, it should be the planning person or the management. But despite how busy they were and how 'stressed' they looked, they still served with a good service level. Kudos to them! :)




*** OOTOYA ***
Address: Suntec City Mall #B1-057
Tel: +65 6837 3718
Operating hours: 11am to 9.30pm


1 Response to Food review: Ootoya (大戸屋) at Suntec City

Anonymous
24 July 2012 at 22:52

Even before putting on your bikini, the two tops already will make guys eyes stick to you. Love both tops but never got to see your beautiful face=( anyway you are really very sexy. D3lonely

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Copyright © 2016 ♥Feliza Ong♥ |A Blog on Lifestyle, Beauty, Travel, Fashion and Food| All rights reserved.
DISCLAIMER: The contents of this site expressed herein represent my own views and opinions and not of the people or organizations that I am affiliated with.
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul Theme By- WooThemes