Being a Redhead. New Look by Salon De Choix.


GOING RED


It is estimated that only about 1-2 percent of the world's population have natural red hair. Famous celebrities whom has this fiery color as their head crown include Nicole Kidman, Lindsay Lohan, Rose Leslie (who plays Ygritte in Game of Thrones), and Rhonda Fleming. For the rest who do not have natural red hair, well just dye it - Take the likes of Emma Stone, Scarlett Johansson and Yours Truly. Yes, I had my hair colored to a red shade during my last visit to Salon De Choix.


Shot of my hair before the transformation began
P1010240_


Burgundy red
P1010243_


During the brief pre-color consultation with my stylist, Chester... I shared with him that I would like to try something out of the usual brown tones. He suggested doing a dark red base color. He explained that the end result would be of varying shades of red due to my previous brown base, highlights and the bleaching job I did. In addition, my ends may be redder than the rest of my hair as that area was previously bleached. I did not know the level of redness but opted to give this color a go. Afterall, I have previously done red shades during [MAY 2013] and [AUG 2013]. Yes, it has been almost four years, so why not just give it a try again? :)


unnamed01_


unnamed_


Apart from dyeing my hair, I also had hair treatment done, and a hair trim to tidy up my tresses. Once the hair blow+styling was done, I looked into the mirror and felt that the hair was not red enough. I was not expecting something like Jessica Rabbit's flaming red hair color, but felt it could be redder? Chester, as experienced as he has always been, told me to wash a few more times and my hair would glow to my desired red shade. 


Actually, thinking back... This looked good too.
P1010253_


P1010252_


I loved how my previous hair color jobs gave my final hair color the different color tones.
Despite that I simply did a one-color hair job during this visit! :p
P1010250_


unnamed02


True enough, my hair became a brighter shade of red after a week (as per the photo above) The ends were of a gorgeous red berry (mainly due to my previous bleaching). Initially, I was startled  as I did not expect that the color would be so bright (LOL!), but after awhile, I grew to love the fact that it gave that glow to my face, and that contrast against my skin color! In addition, it was not the usual red but this berry color.


Should I consider myself a a redhead then? Maybe not, maybe a berryhead. :p For those who are worried about dyeing this shade and that it may turn out to be as bright as mine... It probably will not be as red as my hair ends as my ends were bleached. The other part of my (never-been-bleached) hair was of a lovely berry red shade (as what you can see in the next photo below).


I wore the red shade with much confidence and love!
unnamed04


unnamed03


It got redder after the first few washes, but I would not deny that I was worried it might be too red and not suitable for work. But after a month plus or so (just as I had gotten used to this brilliant shade), I noticed that the red tone was reduced. And my hair color seemed to have blended into a lovely fusion of light strawberry, brown, blonde tones. THAT WAS IT --- The color that was oh-so-perfect!

Just perfect
unnamed07


Eventually, the red finally faded off after close to two months, returning my hair to its brown tone (see photo below). But I would never forget the brief affair that I had with my red hair. Although it was nothing close to the array of unicorn colors that we see on many girls' hair these days, but it was a memorable union between my favorite color (red) and my never-ending attempts of beautifying my tresses to bring out my distinctive look and style. Hence, much thanks to Salon De Choix and Chester for the usual amazing work done on my hair, having me to look good, and to have awesome hair for photos and when I have to attend events. <3 br="">


unnamed06



From now until 30 April 2017, get a rebonding/digital perm + treatment (Kérastase, Shu Uemura and Moroccan Oil brands!) session at Salon De Choix at SGD350 for ALL HAIR LENGTH. Start off Q217 with a gorgeous and refreshed look! Remember to quote my name when you make an appointment!



If you are interested to make an appointment at Salon De Choix,

mention my name 'Feliza'  when you call to the salon

and get 15% discount off your total bill~

(Not applicable for promotions)


CALL TO BOOK AN APPT: +65 6836 2959!

My stylist's name is Chester!


For more information about Salon De Choix, 
check out their FACEBOOK

Salon De Choix is located at: 
3 Killiney Road #01-06 
Winsland House 1
Singapore 239519



NOTE: This post was written with much delay on purpose, as I wanted to only write it when the red shade finally fades off, to see how long it can actually last (before I color again). And yes, I will be dropping by for my next color session at Salon De Choix. Gonna give my hair a new color!;)


No Response to " Being a Redhead. New Look by Salon De Choix. "

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Copyright © 2016 ♥Feliza Ong♥ |A Blog on Lifestyle, Beauty, Travel, Fashion and Food| All rights reserved.
DISCLAIMER: The contents of this site expressed herein represent my own views and opinions and not of the people or organizations that I am affiliated with.
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul Theme By- WooThemes