Review: Neutrogena Hydro Boost

Thanks to Neutrogena and the PR agency, I received a package containing the latest product range from Neutrogena - Hydro Boost. By the words 'Hydro Boost', it is obvious that the products under this range were formulated to provide intensive hydration boost to our skin! :)


Neutrogena's Hydro Boost gives your skin the hydration it needs!
Neutrogena Hydro Boost and Me! :)

Our skin loses moisture once we hit our 20s. It doesn't matter if you have oily, dry or combination skin. Keeping your skin hydrated is important as skin dehydration leads to premature aging. I had experienced another negative effect of dehydration - ACNE.


Yes, skin dehydration leads to acne. When I had a major acne breakout in the past, I thought that it was because I had oily skin. This got me puzzled as I knew my skin at that time did not belong to the oily category. It was only after awhile (and many sad moments upon looking at my own reflection in the mirror) that I discovered it was my dehydrated skin that caused the acne! So I started using products which focus on skin hydration, which led to a tremendous improvement in my acne condition. Since then, I have included skincare products with hydrating capabilities into my regular skincare regime, and using spot treatment products for the occasional acne that I may have.


Thus, it is important to keep your skin hydrated. Who wants acne? Not me. Who wants to experience premature aging? Definitely not me. So this is where the Neutrogena's Hydro Boost comes in... Using its innovative Progressive Release System, Hydro Boost addresses the root causes of inner skin dryness, and aids in the release of moisture steadily into our skin, thus allowing a continuous all-day hydration!


I am delighted to be able to test out the 5 products under the Hydro Boost range. (Thanks Neutrogena!) The light-blue packaging is really nice and refreshing. The bottles are well-designed, hence portraying an exquisite feel.


Neutrogena Hydro Boost Product Range
(From L-R):

(1) Hydro Boost Mousse Cleanser
A gentle, foaming cleanser that cleanses, soothes and softens while adding moisture to skin, preventing skin from drying.

Once I press on the pump, a good amount of foam was pressed out. A rich foam lather instantly, with no effort needed from me... Definitely good for those rush-rush mornings as I need not spend time to create foam! LOL! This cleanser did not give my face any 'tight' feeling that I sometimes experience after I wash my face with a cleansing product. I believe it was because of the hydrating ingredients that the Hydro Boost Moouse Cleanser has. After using this cleanser for 2 weeks, I WAS HOOKED!

But if you are thinking of using this product to remove makeup at the same time, I will not recommend it. Personally, I always believe in the double cleansing steps - which is to first cleanse your face with a makeup remover, and then use a facial cleanser to wash off.

(2) Hydro Boost Clear Lotion
Rebuilds skin’s natural water shield as it tones and hydrates for a refreshing feel. Apply after cleansing and smooth over face with gentle upward strokes.

I felt that this gave an instant hydro boost! This acts like a toner, and applying toner is really important as it helps to remove any remaining impurities and preps the skin for the next product that one should have in her facial regime - Essence.

(3) Hydro Boost Essence
An intensive treatment, restoring three times the skin’s moisture level within one hour, keeping skin fully hydrated and with a glow all day long. To be used after clear lotion, massage evenly over face and neck every morning and night.

Ok, I use essence products as I see the importance of applying it on the face. This is because essence products are very rich in its contents, hence it gives a better overall effect to our skin! Although it was stated that this should be used every morning and night, I did not follow it as I usually apply essence products once every 2 or 3 days. It's afterall your choice.... But what is your preference? Do post a comment and share with me! :)

(4) Hydro Boost Water Gel
Restores skin’s moisture levels by more than 200%, providing not only immediate replenishment but also hydration that lasts up to 12 hours, for soft, supple skin with a healthy glow. Massage evenly over face and neck every morning and night, after clear lotion or essence.

At first impression, the gel was not sticky nor greasy. It was easy to apply and I felt that my face absorbed the gel easily. I'm not sure about you, but I only used this in the night, before I sleep. When I switch on the air-conditioner before I sleep on some nights, my skin tends to feel dry the next morning. However, after applying the Hydro Boost Water Gel before I sleep each night, I wake up to each morning to discover that my skin did not feel dry at all. It was as if the water gel was working its magic while I was sleeping! Heh!

(5) Hydro Boost Mask
Clinically proven to boost skin moisture level 14 times and prevent moisture loss.

I am someone who uses masks regularly... Whether it is the sheet mask or those 'leave-on-to-dry-then-wash-off' masks. I believe in masks as I experienced the positive effect of it when I was trying very hard to improve my skin condition back then. This mask does not have any strong fragrance to it. Upon removal of the mask, my skin felt smooth to the touch.... I LIKE~


With the Hydro Boost mask
Neutrogena Hydro Boost Mask


I was actually surprised when I saw that the mask was netted. It is netted as it is Neutrogena's new SMART-FIT fabric that has 14,000 holes, hence holding 25% more hydrating essence.Wow~~~


Closeup


The netted design is certainly something new! See picture below for the Neutrogena's Deep Hydrating Mask (which I have been using for quite some time already, to improve my skin's hydration)... both are very different right? That's why I was surprised when I saw the Hydro Boost mask being netted.


Neutrogena Deep Hydrating Mask


After removing the products from their boxes...
Neutrogena Hydro Boost Product Range


The Neutrogena's Hydro Boost range can be found at leading personal stores and pharmacies, such as Watson's and Guardian. These products are all dermatologist-tested, oil-free and non-comedogenic.


Neutrogena Hydro Boost products, seen at Watson's! :)
DSC00370


It's hydration every second for your skin!
Closeup

5 Response to Review: Neutrogena Hydro Boost

4 May 2010 at 17:49

U actually have no black ring around ur eyes...tats rare for girls nowadays...or at least for those around me haha XD

5 May 2010 at 02:26

I think I have them, just that maybe its not too obvious? I don't know... But thanks for your comment anyway. Will treat it as a compliment, if I may! :)

Lucas
5 May 2010 at 10:34

she has very faint and little amount of it actually. :)
Za takes good care of her own skin whenever she can. right Princess Za?
You are very busy lately right? :(
wanna go to a expat connection event with me this sat?

Anonymous
5 December 2010 at 18:24

Do i wash off my face after using e mask ?

6 December 2010 at 14:49

@Anonymous Nope you dont have to. Normally after I remove the mask, I will massage the remaining contents onto my face and neck and let it dry by itself. :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Copyright © 2016 ♥Feliza Ong♥ |A Blog on Lifestyle, Beauty, Travel, Fashion and Food| All rights reserved.
DISCLAIMER: The contents of this site expressed herein represent my own views and opinions and not of the people or organizations that I am affiliated with.
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul Theme By- WooThemes