Skincare, Acne & Acai Berry

My recent skincare purchases consist of not only the usual items that I buy, but also some new ones which I am so eager to give it a try. Here's them.... Read on! :)


IMG_2084


From left to right-
(1) St Ives Timeless Skin Daily Microdermabrasion:
This was my first time buying this. I decided to buy this to try, after reading about it in an online skincare article.

(2) Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera 100% Gel:
Useful for those sunburnt or irritated skin. Aloe vera gel is also good for acne-prone skin, and also suitable to apply after an IPL treatment.

(3) Queen Helene Oatmeal n' Honey Facial Scrub:
To date, I have converted four people such as @onelasthope, into fans of this highly-raved product. This scrub is mild enough for everyday use. It is as awesome as the Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque!


QueenHelene


IMG_2086

From left to right-
(1) Gaia Herbs Acai Berry:
I have done much research so as to understand the advantages of acai berries. Although regarded by many as a solution for losing weight, that was not the reason why I decided to start on an acai berry supplement diet. In fact, I strongly believe the only way to lose weight is through maintaining a healthy diet and lifestyle, and not through pills.

Acai berries are in fact antioxidants (better than blueberries), which also aid in improving one's cardiovascular health. They provide a good source of fiber for me due to my poor fiber diet. Out of the many brands available in the market, I chose Gaia Herbs after researching on the company background and practice (good to do my homework to prevent any unfortunate event right? :p).

Also, their acai berries are 100% freeze dried into powder form, thus retaining all the nutrients of the fresh Acais. And from my research, please do not get spray-dried or extracted acai berries as they do not contain all the nutrients that are found in an acai!

In addition, the acai supplement from Gaia Herbs is of 1200mg, much more than the other brands I found. What's more, they only produce organic products and the price for it is rather reasonable based on the above points I have mentioned.

(2)
ZAPZYT Maximum Strength 10% Benzoyl Peroxide Acne Treatment Gel:
The 10% BP is indeed drying, but it can be applied underneath your makeup since it is colorless! Yay! Ever since I switched to a touchscreen phone, I started having those little 'bumps' along my jawline.

Maybe I should blame those itchy fingers which go around touching things thus causing my screen to be dirty, and what's more, I have a tendency to press my face against the phone when I am talking on the phone. Anyone experiencing the same problem as me? This is how sensitive my skin is... Sigh!

But after using this twice daily for the past three days, the bumps have reduced in size. The other random pimple have also reduced in size and redness. But it is indeed drying, so please use it as a spot treatment and dab it on the acne area only.

This is the first time that I am trying out another brand after all these years (I have only been using two acne treatment products all these while which I absolutely love, on top of bbb's Clean & Clear Active Clear Acne Clearing Gel which I use occasionally). I am not sure if Zapzyt will work as well as my usual two products, but so far it did not disappoint me! :)


(3)
Bye Bye Blemish Drying Lotion
This is marketed as the product used by TV and movie make-up artists for a quick acne solution. I have not heard of this brand before, but I bought this as I was specifically looking for a product that contains sulfur.

My specific search for a product which contains at least 10% sulfur began after a visit to a popular beauty business chain for threading services, where I came across a product that was available for sale in the shop. The consultant mentioned that is is good for pimples, but hey, you wouldn't expect me to believe in her words and part 38 bucks for a small bottle, right? Afterall, who knows it may simply be 'sales talk'?

Though I did not buy it, I took notice of the ingredient (it simply stated 10% sulfur) and did a WWW search on sulfur for acne which I found out this ingredient helps to kill bacteria causing acne. Through my search, I managed to discover this Bye Bye Blemish lotion which contains the same amount and type of ingredient (same color too) but at a more attractive price. :)


----------------------------------------

Well, this comes to the end of my blog post. I just scrolled through my draft and realized it is quite a wordy post. So thanks for reading though all these text! (^_^)

For those who have perfect flawless skin, lucky you! For those who are not as lucky (ie. me), let's not give up and continue our quest for better skin! *waves pom pom*

p/s: This is not a review post, if you are unable to realize it.


1 Response to Skincare, Acne & Acai Berry

Anonymous
25 October 2010 at 23:28

You may not have perfect flawless skin, but it don't matter. You're very pretty and very attractive, so with or without those, it don't really matter. I always feel you look very attractive in all your photos, but after seeing you in real, I feel you look even more sweet, sexy and pretty. D3lonely.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Copyright © 2016 ♥Feliza Ong♥ |A Blog on Lifestyle, Beauty, Travel, Fashion and Food| All rights reserved.
DISCLAIMER: The contents of this site expressed herein represent my own views and opinions and not of the people or organizations that I am affiliated with.
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul Theme By- WooThemes